Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Themed Papers Revival

My early days of scrapping were strictly themed paper crafting. If I wanted to do a wedding layout, I bought "wedding papers" and "wedding stickers", if I wanted to do a fishing layout, I bought "fishing papers" and "fishing stickers"... Even though I have changed my paper crafting styles from those early days 14 years ago, there is still something so alluring when you find some theme papers. I am still picking these items up here and there. Over my vacation leave, I did some "light" cleaning (aka, moved a basket from one location to another location) and found an old 6x6 Cat Themed paper pad. Oh how cute!! Of course, I had to play! So I created a cute card for my sister who has received a promotion in her company and I created a 8.5x11 layout for one of my fur babies.  Sharing my creations today. I had to snap photos with my phone as I could not wait to get better lighting set up since I wanted to mail out my card and it was close to our mail drop off time. So, here are my fun time creations!


I am sure I bought this paper pad with the intentions of creating a mini album about my two fur babies...


Pop-dotted the mouse paper over the cat paper. Just thought that was funny, seeing the cats peaking up over the punched out circle. My sister is a cat person and I think she will get a laugh out of this. 


Stuck the circle on the inside and added some journaling lines. 

And created a simple layout on my mr. kitty, who thinks he is "the Cheese".


Of course, he was busy watching squirrels and birds and had no comment about his new page.

Happy Tuesday, Have a wonderful day!  ~Tisha




7 comments:

  1. Great creations! Love the card! I used to do the themed shopping too. Now I just buy whatever, sometimes themed stuff works for other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to try to get some other use from a themed product. I always feel like a smartie when I can figure it out!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet card, I am sure your sister will love it :)
    Typical kitty, not interested when they should be, teehee.
    Cute layout as well.
    I got a chuckle out of your "light" cleaning, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always next time for a "good cleaning"! :D

      Delete
  3. OMGosh, those are both SOOOO CUTE!!!!!! I LOVE that card, that sentiment is ADORABLE!!! And your layout is just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and layout, though I may be a bit biased since they are kitty themed! :)

    ReplyDelete