Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Scrap System

I am so happy that I will have some time to play in my hobby room this coming week. I have a clean slate to start working on some scrappy something.  It is fun to know I get to "start" something!

Today I will share what my scrap system is. My scrappy system is new to me. Last December, I totally pulled all my scrap stuff out of my hobby room. My hobby room was a disaster! I had piles of stuff everywhere and I am not a clutter person. It was just life being too much! I had stuff in piles from my LSS job and then stuff from my stash and then stuff that seems to find it's way into my hobby room even though it does not belong in here. I hated being in my hobby room and felt claustrophobic. So what's a scrap gal to do. I 100% redid my room. The only thing that is the same is my wall paint and my craft table. I even redid how I scrap and play, my system. I'll share that today.

So, new system.  I have always stored my papers by company and embellies by type. That has not changed. However, I have changed what I will scrap with on my current work. As of December, I leave my stack of papers sitting out on my desk and my little tray of coordinating embellies also out. I did not invest in a pretty bamboo tray or embellie container until I knew I would enjoy working this way. I bought both the bamboo tray and clear container in April. It was my reward.




My bamboo tray neatly holds all my recent paper collections. I just layer them on top of one another. I have refilled my stack of paper once since December.  I just recently added a new Teresa Collins line-Urban Market.






What I LOVE about working with this system is... 
1. it keeps me in check of buying habits (my LSS part time job can quickly overwhelm me with new product) 
2. I can quickly start scrapping because my paper is "right here"(No digging through a large stash trying to find something that inspires me or is the colors I want).
3. I can quickly pull embellishments to go with my project because they are also "right here". 




My embellies are stored in a clear tray with 3 compartments. I have restocked this container once, as well, since December. I love being able to see what fun things I have to use and keep it neatly contained. I keep the bumpy stuff (brads and such) in the first compartment, tags, doilies, stickers in the second compartment and diecuts in the third compartment. 






I do store all my larger stickers and alphas in my usual area in my stash, but it is easy to just pull that when I need to do so.

Yes. I do have a stash. But No, it has not grown since December. I am actually using my papers and embellies!  I am finding it hard to believe this system is working for me. But I have said "no" to several new releases because I can see by my tray, that I have a good supply of product to work from! 

When I have used up all I can from a paper collection and embellishments, I will move it to my stash storage. It is very small amount so far that has gone into my stash. I am totally digging my new system. I can't believe I didn't start this sooner!

Here is wishing you a great week to start a new scrappy something! ~Tisha

6 comments:

  1. This is great!! I really enjoy seeing how others store and organize, or even the thought process behind their rooms (or pages for that matter). I try really hard to keep my shopping under control and use what I have. Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding a system that works! So much time can be lost due to hunting and organizing. Since you've got some creative time on your hands, be sure to check out the forum, I'm hosting my first challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, I will! Time lands on my hands, but then just slips away, Ha!

      Delete
  3. So happy your system is working for you.
    I am in the process of redoing my whole room again as I notice things I want to use are in a place I don't like to go into.
    thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's really great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your system. I need to purge and bite the bullet and do this!

    ReplyDelete