Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hello Crafty World

Hello from my little corner of the crafty blog world! 

My first post for the world is about some new baby books coming off my craft table for my great nephews who will be joining this world this summer and fall. Just seems appropriate and all that I start with this project. Smiles! 

I absolutely love mini books! I go through spells where all I do is mini book everything and then I burn that fire down and revert to layouts. 

I have some great nephews arriving soon and wanted to use up some of my baby product stash. And yes, I did buy some new Carta Bella baby stash. So, there is that confession. Wink! 
I have a good handfull of old Paper Studio 8x8 and 6x6 page refills. I love using these page refills for mini albums. I also love-love my Zutter Bind-it-All. I will show you how I retro fit 3-ring page protectors for the bind-it-all coils. 

So my products I used were some of my 8x8 cardstock stash, my older Bella Blvd, Studio Calico wood veneer, new Carta Bella, plain chipboard, Navy Color Shine, and Zutter Coils.




I created a basic 8x8 album using chipboard cut down for front and back covers and a coil ring to bind the album with 10 pages.



I kept the inside pages pretty simple and used a formula design. Such as tags and card on right side and banners on left side. I used a q-tip dipped in Heidi Swapp Navy Color shine to paint a square border around each page. It is perfect design for adding 4x6 photos easily!








Using multiple papers and alternating the pattern adds interest when using a design formula and allows you to quickly create the album.

The front pages are different than the inside pages also for some creative interest.




In order to use my Bind-it-All on the page protectors, I need to be able to punch through the plastic. It is not easy to punch through plastic and rarely do you get a good punch. so my solution is to glue a spine cover over the edges that I will punch through with the Zutter Bind-it-All. 

I cut (10) 3x8 rectangles from pattern paper and score and fold in half. I sniped a slant angle on top and bottom so that it would be less blocky. Then, I added a thin line of glue around the edges on the inside paper. Fold the paper over the edge of the page protector. Wait for the glue to dry to the page protector. Then I just punch my zutter as I normally do!



I used some cardstock and pattern paper I had in my stash to make covers.





Now, I have 3 baby books ready to ship out! Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy, ~ Tisha

No comments:

Post a Comment