Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Teresa Collins-Life Emporium Layout


Modeling Paste is so much fun to play with when I have some sturdy paper to use with the it. Which is one of the things I love about the Emporium collection, thick, sturdy, textured papers! It has been so cold lately, that I feel slightly warmer thinking of old wood-burning fireplaces. So, why not play with some good old wood print papers!



I used a couple of stencils with different modeling paste on the background of the lovely wood print paper. But before doing this, I swiped some gesso paint across the paper and stamped some plus signs. I love that I can see the texture of the background paper where the gesso is slightly covering the paper.



I wanted to use the FancyPants large navy alphabet stickers on this page, but I really don't gravitate to navy supplies and did not have any other navy alphabets to complete my title. I ended up painting some small October Afternoon alphas with the Heidi Swapp Navy color shine. It worked for me!



I kept the embellishment to a minimal so that the background paint and modeling paste would be the main embellishment of the layout.




Stay warm and thanks for clicking in, Tisha :)

Layout Supplies
Teresa Collins-Life Emporium Papers
Amy Tangerine-Plus One Stickers
Fancy Pants Designs-Navy Alpha Stickers, Grey Buttons
October Afternoon-Alpha Stickers
Crate Paper-Oh Darling Vellum Doily 
Carta Bella-Wildflower Feather Sticker
Modeling Pastes- Liquitex and Art Anthology
Heidi Swapp Navy Colorshine
Blue Feathers-Found Objects

8 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, I've yet to try the texture mediums, but this does tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very cool!! I love how you used the different stencils so just little glitzy bits peeped out! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, Tisha, you always create such awesome texture on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Tisha, I have never used modeling paste or gesso paint but wow your layout is fabulous. Love the cute picture and texture.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work with the mixed media. I love all of the little bits and details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout.
    I really like the wood grain paper and how you used the modelling paste :)
    Great layers

    ReplyDelete
  7. how gorgeous...love all the elements you added...really well done...

    ReplyDelete