Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Where The Albums Are...


I've been scrapping in 12x12 format now for 14 years. I have quite a few albums around the house not to mention mini albums galore! Where to put the albums? I decided about three years ago, that I was tired of the albums weighing down a shelf in my craft room. It was time for the albums to go somewhere else! 

So I thought about what I could do to incorporate the albums into our living space. I started by finding old magazine stands at some flea markets that would hold some 12x12 albums and some iron stands meant to hold large pieces of art work. I use them to sprinkle albums throughout the house. I thought I would share some photos of where my albums live inside the home. I enjoy seeing these albums just out and about the house!



This is my current album that sits inside my craftroom on an iron stand. I need to find some more of these stands that are deep enough to hold an album. They are hard to find for the price I am willing to pay. :)




I keep this red album in the foyer just sitting on a chair. It is hard to keep coats off it during winter and hard keeping cat hair off during summer. :)




I love these old wood magazine racks. They hold the albums so well! I just sit them around in the living room. I like to find family pulling them out to flip through. :)





I have these albums just propped on a chair in the corner of the dinning area. I can change out the albums whenever I want. I like to buy different types of albums so I have a variety of style and color.




These are just some places I have moved albums to around the house. I still have a shelf in the living room and master bedroom that hold the extras.

Happy Album Day! ~Tisha











9 comments:

  1. What a great way to get them out of one room and scattered throughout. Mine are all in my bedroom with my all my stuff since my apartment is the size of a thimble. lol. I'm getting some book shelves soon for the living room soon where I plan on moving them to, so at least then they will be out where the traffic is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun way to have your albums be accessible, Tisha! Mine will need to be moved from where they are and I have no idea what to do with them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great way to display and share your albums! I keep my current one out on a shelf in my craft room. The rest are in a cabinet in there as well, but I'm running out of room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to showcase your albums!!
    I like that they are accessible to the whole family and visitors.
    Mine are on a shelf in the rec room, but aren't looked at that much…I need to display them around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you keep them around the house for your family to look at. I moved mine out of the craft room to our living room but i want to scatter some like you did now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT post!! I love that you have them throughout your home (and that people look through them)! I love the magazine rack idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you're acting enjoying your albums and sharing them with others. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a good idea to put them out and around so others can continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun idea that way they are always close at hand.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete